Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with AVE.EXE/ browser issues, please HELP

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 drea_m12

drea_m12

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:58 AM

I recently was infected with the AVE.EXE virus/trojan that continuously made pop ups resembling some kind of xp virus scan. It would not stop, and kept me from getting any information from IE7 google by redirecting me into other websites. It also kept me from using any exe files. In my windows task manager I found that an ave.exe process was running, and every time I tried to stop it, it would continue coming on.

I ended up deleting a file it created that was in my temp folder under prefetch and went into regedit to delete some of new keys installed. I then proceeded to restore my computer to a previous setting. It would not allow me to use any .exe files so I had to reconnect them under control panel folder options, application. That took off most of the pop ups, but I still get redirected within my browser. When I initially start IE7, it blinks a message from the something called xp complete protection unregistered version or something like that or does not allow me to visit certain sites by stating it is unavailable.

I am worried that it is still there, or a key is added that shouldn't be there.

Please help,

Thanks,
Andrea

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users