Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't write backup to external HD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 welshman666

welshman666

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:48 AM

running widows vista connected targa databox 300 (drive was previously attached to my old computer running XP pro) and was able to write a file backup using vista. I decided to use nero backitup 3 essentials to create a bootable disc and ran it at start up to create a main drive backup(including programs as well) but nero wont write to external drive it says its read only. Any ideas how to fix this problem.

Also while in nero at start up when I go to set target path to external HD files are showing on the drive that are not visible in windows which is worrying how do I make them visible to vista?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:12 AM

Use a backup program that will write to external drives...not all of them do, just as all of them do not save to CD/DVD.

If you have files on an external drive...which do not reflect properly in My Computer...I'd say that you have a drive/file system problem on that external drive.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users