Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm a Newbie

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joie65

Joie65

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:01 PM

Hi, I'm Joie :inlove:

I live in California, I'm retired from the local community college, where I worked for 16 years. I have one daughter, age 43, two grandsons, 15 and 11, one son-in-law, Lt Col in USMC and one absolutely wonderful husband of 39 years :flowers:
We have four dogs of various and sundry backgrounds - mostly traveling salesman who sold mama a line of goods and left! :thumbsup: four kitties who are transient - we serve the best cheap kitty food so they are mostly here! We have a really great 32 ft RV which is now permanently parked in our drive way (the transient kitties sometimes reside in it) as it is too costly to go anywhere :trumpet:

Anyhoo..........I will be asking some questions as what I know about the techie portion of computers can be put in a thimble where it would roll around all day. I can utilize the programs, word, excel, power point - I just can't fix them when they go belly up!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:19 PM

Hello and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:59 AM

Welcome to the forum joie65 :thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#4 bwest0703

bwest0703

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:18 AM

Welcome Joie65,

I have also just joined the community. Although I have frequented the forums for some time now just "looking" and learning what I can. You will find there is a great deal of interesting and extremely helpful information here. The moderators and support available here is unmatched from what I have found. Just remember that the people here that offer friendly advice/help do so on their own time with little to no compensation. At times getting the proper "free" advice (from professionals in the field) can take some time, but from what I can tell, is unmatched as long as you recognize those that pretend to know what they are talking about as opposed to those that truly do.

Again welcome, and hopefully you find this sight as helpful as I have.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users