Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello and Help!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Harry Gatewood

Harry Gatewood

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:40 PM

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your help. I have a Dell Inspiron running XP Home Edition. My son decided he was gonna get online when nobody was home and get himself some cheat codes for a game called "Age of Vampires II". He doesn't remember what website he was on at the time.....What he got was a big fat virus and a long vacation from using the computer.
Here are the symptoms;
On startup I get a message "Notification DLL has not been registered. Windows will not work correctly".
When trying to run System Restore I get a message saying "System Restore is not able to restore your computer. Please restart then run System Restore again" Same result every time, even in safe mode.
Everything else has been disabled by the virus; McAfee, System Mechanic, Internet Explorer, System Restore.......no programs will open or work!
They all give a message saying they encountered a problem and need to close or will not work.
And the toolbar turned white, or just dissapears on occasion, if that has any bearing on the problem.
If anyone has any ideas...I'll be listening.
Thanks again,
Harry Gatewood

EDIT: Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum, more appropriate ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 27 April 2010 - 03:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users