Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Symbol LS3478 ER hand held scanner

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thicool

thicool

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:46 PM

I have a symbol LS3478 ER scanner that i am having trouble getting to recognize a HORIZONTAL TAB.

The ASCII equivilant for the TAB key is $I, but when this $I is included in the barcode to tell it to go to the next line, it doesnt execute properly.

When the barcode is scanned in notepad, it works like it should, spacing and tabbing where needed, which means notepad recognizes the $I as a TAB, which is what i need it to do in IE.

When scanned in MS Word, instead of tabbing, it recognizes the $I as CTRL I, which is the shortcut for italics, so its putting the font in italics. But i dont need a solution to MS Word, i need one for Internet Explorer.

When scanned in Internet Explorer, it recongizes the $I as CTRL I as well, and in IE, CTRL I is the shortcut for favorites.

sorry if i confused you, but what im trying to figure out is how to get IE to recognize an ASCII equivilant to the TAB key.

thanks, sorry if this topic is not in the right forum.

Edited by thicool, 27 April 2010 - 02:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thicool

thicool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:09 PM

figured it out
I had to enable function control mapping, which allows for CTRL-key sequences ($I)

Edited by thicool, 28 April 2010 - 03:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users