Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Alphabet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Patty29

Patty29

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:40 AM

Hi. I know we have been badly infected lately. I ran malwarebytes - it found 3 trojan vundo and a trojan alphabet. The vundos were removed, the alphabet will not remove.
As of yesterday - internet explorer just disappeared. It says it was deleted, and we can not go to any desktop icons that were apparently associated with explorer. It says "The file does not have a program associated with it to perform this action. Create an association in the folder options control panel."
Please help

I want to add - I ran MBAM today several times. When checking my logs from previous trend micro threats stopped there were trojan fake alert, downloader, agent, BHO, and several rogues.
As I said MBAM got rid of others, but for alphabet it says delete on reboot. When I click "yes - restart" it does nothing. I restart manually, but nothing happens.
I tried uninstalling MBAM as I had read previously somewhere to reinstall it - I can't even get to the install page. Everything I try to go to says "oops could not find" whatever page I am trying to get to.

Edited by Patty29, 27 April 2010 - 04:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Patty29

Patty29
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:35 PM

Never mind - geeks to go cleared me right up. Thanks anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users