Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NIG_EAYLNL.EXE

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DasVedanya

DasVedanya

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:39 PM

Hi guys, some of you may remember me from a couple months past when I had to reformat my entire computer due to a b.exe virus.

Well now, instead of that, my AVG detected a NIG_EAYLNL.EXE trojan in my AppData folder. I looked it up, and as I expected, another name for it was AUTORUN.EXE or SERVICES.EXE (Which also popped up.)

Long story short, my school server apparently had tons of trojan horses on it without any of us knowing, and I was using my flash drive which got infected. The reason why I know it's from the school? I ran a scan during class and there was a huge list of trojans.

When I was running a weekly MBAM scan, AVG popped up with a infections detected window. The file accessed was mbam.exe of course. Once the scan was done, MBAM showed NO infections however. My AVG had four trojans. I had thought I got rid of the services.exe virus a few days ago, but apparently not. I'll post a couple screenshots later on if the infection is detected by AVG again.

So here's my dilemma: How to get rid of SERVICES.EXE/NIG_EAYLNL.EXE/AUTORUN.EXE permanently and effectively, without the need to reformat again.

System Info:
HP HDX-16t
6 GB RAM
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users