Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstalled XP Antimalware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Red44

Red44

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:52 PM

I followed your directions for removing XP Antimalware, but now none of my programs will run...

Edited by Budapest, 26 April 2010 - 08:53 PM.
Moved from Breaking Virus & Security News ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nazrul

Nazrul

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

It seems like you have got the problem of EXE file association after removing the XP Antimalwares and it can be fixed in this way

Step 1 : Open the Explorer either by opening My Computer or My Document and from the Menu bar click to Tool and then click to Folder Opitons

Tools>Folder options

Step 2 : Select the tab File Types

Step 3 : In File Types click on the “New” button

Step 4 : In File Extension type exe and click on Advanced – In Associated File type select “Application” and click ok.

“A window will pop up that basically says you’re replacing the exe application extension with an application extension” click on Ok in the popup and Ok in all the window.

>After that you will be able to open any applications

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users