Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Built Computer Help!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Pr0cl1v1ty

Pr0cl1v1ty

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:49 PM

brand new computer i just built, has random restarts, blue screens, and slow times to access hard drive.

sometimes random games after installed get corrupt.

everything is brand new from newegg, and i replaced the hard drive. for another brand new one, tried reinstalling the OS same thing.

the computer says i dont have a legit copy of windows 7 64 bit, which i do, and when i enter the key it says its already in use. like its getting corrupt on the hard drive

any ideas guys?

thanks so much for any advice or help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:57 PM

brand new computer i just built, has random restarts, blue screens, and slow times to access hard drive.

everything is brand new from newegg, and i replaced the hard drive. for another brand new one, tried reinstalling the OS same thing.

the computer says i dont have a legit copy of windows 7 64 bit, which i do, and when i enter the key it says its already in use. like its getting corrupt on the hard drive

any ideas guys?

Hi and welcome to Bleepingcomputer!

You do have DMA mode enabled and not PIO mode enabled on your hard drives correct? You might want to check in both your BIOS and your device manager for your disk drives.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 26 April 2010 - 03:57 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 Pr0cl1v1ty

Pr0cl1v1ty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:04 PM

i dont know if i do or not, i will research what exactly those are and i will be able to check when i get home thanks so much for the fast response!

EDIT: my pc specs are as follows

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Memory: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600
Sound Card: Onboard
Speakers/Headphones: Logitech G35
Keyboard: Logitech G15 V2
Mouse: Logitech G500
Operating System: Windows 7 64bit *LEGIT* from bestbuy
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO
Computer Case: CoolMaster HAF 932
Hard Drive: Western Digital 1TB 7200rpm

Edited by Pr0cl1v1ty, 26 April 2010 - 04:07 PM.

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:34 PM

You're welcome. :flowers:

Any questions just ask, we are all here to help you if needed! :thumbsup:

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#5 Pr0cl1v1ty

Pr0cl1v1ty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

any ideas guys?

You do have DMA mode enabled and not PIO mode enabled on your hard drives correct? You might want to check in both your BIOS and your device manager for your disk drives.

whenever i go into my bios the dma and pio are both auto or 0,1,2,3,4 there is no off

#6 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:27 PM

any ideas guys?

whenever i go into my bios the dma and pio are both auto or 0,1,2,3,4 there is no off

Correct there is no off to those settings.

But there is either DMA or PIO. DMA is Direct Memory Access and it is the fastest mode there is PIO is an older slower Mode which was used on older hardware.

The 0,1,2,3,4,5 are transfer rate settings, 0 is slowest 5 is fastest. So a correct setting for a hard drive would be DMA 5. Some systems might refer to it as UDMA which is Ultra-Direct-Memory-Access

#7 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:17 AM

About your illegitimate copy of Win7..............

When you load it, hit automatic verification. It that doesn't work call Microsoft. If you got the retail version, they will give you support for at least a year, but even if you have an OEM version they will help you for free on the activation. It happens sometimes when you change major components, or have to re-install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users