Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problem with Hardware i think

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Maquiavel

Maquiavel

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:08 PM

first of all since october , i had a overheating problem and at the same time a virus infection. i uninstalled the virus thanks to this forum help and after some time went to a tecnician and the overheating problem got solved. but then 2 month later , it was my monitor starting to have screen problems till it broke completely... after some time the pc shutted itself down once but the little light that turns on when u press the on button never shutted itself. i had to unplug the power cable , replug it or else i could turn the pc on cause with that light on, it was behaving as if it was working. anyway restarted it and when i was in windows and tried to use the internet browsers it wouldnt work , everything that would work with the net was super slow unusable. called my provider , we tested it for hours and we concluded it was the pc , the internet signal was good , everything working perfect with the net . a few days after the pc shutteddown the same way as the first time , when i relogged , the net was miraculously working again.witouth an explanation. a few days later , i pushed a cable while mooving out of my secretary , the cpu case lost balance and rolled over :S a blue stop message appeared.and it didnt wanted to work again.
i checked the hardware and beside 1 memory block had popped out of its place everything seemed normal
tried to restart the pc again but it wasnt managing to boot windows or even sense that my Pc had a hardrive . replugged the cables and after a couple of attempts it worked again witouth troubless.
i went to download a file a few months later (i download a lot of stuff everyday) and i got fooled by someone , instead of a ISO i got a virus downloader ,i used my antivirus AVAST and antispyware Malwarebyte (downloaded here) and caught 4 files with it and 1 virus.
all kept working fine
till lately
everytime now i try to play a game it will shutdown . and sometimes i received this stop message
STOP: 0x000000f4 ( 0x00000003 , 0x897c0180 , 0x897c02f4 , 0x8060577e )
could u help me figure out what is happening to my pc , the falling of was my fault , an accident , but since october i have been having strange problems one after the other... when in the past 4 years never got 1 . so its not uncaring or bad usage. something is wrong with the pc... please help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

Hi, sounds like you have had one hell of a time with this computer.

With as much as been happening with it, I am just curious if this computer is actaully clean of all malware and any other possibilities.

My suggestions are this.

Open the computer and re-check every piece of hardware for loose cables or connections.

Make sure all add-on cards are firmly/fully seated into their slots.

Make sure nothing is shorting out to the computers case.

You may want to do a little more checking to make sure you do not have rootkits or some type of trojan still infecting the machine.
My best advice to that is going to the AII section of our forums and asking for assisstance with trained people who know the proper procedures.

Good luck!
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users