Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quickbooks Company File - Missing? - DELETED?!?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NeuroticRomantic

NeuroticRomantic

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

Hello, my first post, woo! Erm, anyway...
The internet on my work computer isn't working. I cannot ping any IP addresses, or use the www. prefix on anything. I've tried everything, litterally EVERYTHING I could find for it. I tried entering ipconfig commands, nothing. Re-entering DNS and Gateway addresses, nothing. System Restore, nothing. I even had to troubleshoot the troubleshooting for the internet connection!!! After doing all this nonsense my spoolerservice app. bleep on me, excuse the french, but as quick as it started I corrected the problem. After a few more attempts at correcting the internet problem I lost the damn QUICKBOOKS!!! AH! Thats the bread and butter of my job, the file is missing out of the computer, I've searched and searched and its gone, Poof!.
System back up is avalible to me but if anyone has any info on how to get my internet + quickbooks back on board please, please help!

Thanks,
The Neurotic One

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

Hi & welcome to the forum!

Try tackling the QuickBooks issue first as that is the most important.

Search the hard drive for *.qbw or *.qbb files. The qbb is the backup file.
If not found try Recuva to recover it.
The less you use the system the better your chances of recovery are.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

Do you not have QuickBooks backed up on CD or USB?

I doubt you do or you wouldn't be in such a panic but if you do, just restore it from the back up.

I know this doesn't help for now but in the future, always have QBooks backed up on several removable media disks.

I use to back up my QBooks on several disks just in case one gets a glitch and won't allow me to restore from it, as that did happen to me. I usually only backed up once a week but more often would even be better. It is also a good idea to keep at least one of those back up disks in a remote location, as in, take one home with you. I backed up on two to take home, one just so i would always have the base of my data that I only took in occasionally to back up on, and one I took in once a week to back up on. I left all the other back ups at the shop but in a worse case scenario, fire or theft, the ones at home kept me covered. I also made the owner of the business take one home occasionally too, just in case since that data is so invaluable. If all other disks were lost or damaged, even though he didn't bring the disk in for me to continue to update, at least he had one that had the base and several years worth of data so I wouldn't have quite as much to recreate.

I am so sorry if you lost that data, I know what a pain it can be.

Just remember, back up, back up, back up.

#4 bipsa

bipsa

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:24 AM

You might have done some changes in the internet setting or it could be due to application corruption that is not allowing it work properly. Otherwise there are no such issues commonly found with internet work and QuickBooks file .You probably need an expert to rectify the problem. Once its done the missing files can be restored from the backup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users