Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo! Messenger problems

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 brown_eyes64624

brown_eyes64624

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 25 September 2005 - 09:44 PM

Hello, My name is Jennifer. I've been having a problem with my Yahoo! Messenger. Every time I try to log in, I recieve an error message that says, Ypager at the top. Then it says, "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." Then it says, " If the problem persists, contact the program vendor." Then it gives you two options, you can either close the box or read the details. The "details" just look like a bunch of mumbo jumbo to me. I hope someone can help me, I miss my Yahoo! Messenger soooooooo much. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:22 PM

Have you tried uninstalling it. Then download the newest verison and reinstall it. Download the program even if you have it on your hard drive just in case it is corrupted
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:27 PM

If you get an error message when you use the new downloaded YM, please post the entire error message exactly as it is shown.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 brown_eyes64624

brown_eyes64624
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2005 - 04:46 PM

jgweed,
I've tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it and I still get the message. How do I post the entire error message on here?
Thanks,
Jennifer

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:13 PM

The easiest way is to copy the error message, and paste it into the text box in your reply.
John

#6 brown_eyes64624

brown_eyes64624
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:49 PM

John,
I know your gonna think that I'm blonde or something, but I'm actually not. lol I know where the copy and paste is, but they aren't highlighted or whatever and I don't know how to get them to the point so I can use them. I hope you don't think I'm stupid. Thanks for being patient with me.
Jennifer

#7 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 27 September 2005 - 06:25 PM

John,
I know your gonna think that I'm blonde or something, but I'm actually not.  lol  I know where the copy and paste is, but they aren't highlighted or whatever and I don't know how to get them to the point so I can use them.  I hope you don't think I'm stupid.  Thanks for being patient with me.
Jennifer

If I may :thumbsup: . Place your mouse pointer at the beginning of where you want to copy. Then hold down the left mouse button and drag the pointer to the end of where you want to copy. At this point the area to be copied will be colored blue. Right click and select Copy from the menu. Now you have saved the info. It will remain there until you copy something different or you reboot windows. To insert it, place the flashing cusor where you want the infomation to be. Right click and select Paste. Remember the information will be placed where ever the cusor is flashing.
If it ends up in the wrong place delete it, re-spot your cusor and Paste again.

FYI: The Cut feature removes the selected item and will disappear. This is handy when rearranging paragraphes.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#8 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:43 PM

If the error message will not for some reason copy from the error message box, then use pen and paper, write it down, then post it. The exact wording is important because it often points to the solution.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 28 September 2005 - 08:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users