Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Headset fails to start

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zimmer46

zimmer46

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:20 PM

Hi,
Running a dual boot PC with Windows7 and XP. Everything has been working OK for months.
PC is AMD X2 processor in an ASRock 939N68PV m/board.

Now my Sennheiser USB headset will now work in Windows 7. It works fine in XP using the same hardware.
When I connect it, the PC goes through the installing drivers process, but then reports it failed to instal the device properly. In Device Manager its shown as a "USB Composite Device", but it reports "The device cannot start - Code 10".

I've followed a few troubleshooting guides, tried unistalling all the USB devices in Device Manager and allowing the PC to rebuild the USB Stack, but no improvement.

The headset works fine in XP on the same PC and on other PC's so I'm confident the hardware is OK.

All other USB devices are working fine - USB HDD and Mouse.

Really puzzled with this one !
Any help appreciated.

Andrew

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zimmer46

zimmer46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:53 PM

No sooner had I posted when I found a firmware upgrade for the headset mentioned on another forum.
Installed new firmware and its working fine. Not sure why it needed to be upgraded when it had worked fine until today ! I suppose its possible the firmware could have been corrupted when plugging in and upplugging the device ?

If it helps anyone else the links is :

http://www.senncom.com/comm/home_en.nsf/ro...s_windows-vista

Andrew

Edited by zimmer46, 26 April 2010 - 01:00 PM.

#3 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:03 PM

Hi I am glad you solved your problem on your own, also thank you for posting your solution for others to see and help them. :huh:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#4 zimmer46

zimmer46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:46 PM

Thanks, your welcome. Glad to be able to give something back to BleepComputer for once :huh:

Andrew

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users