Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no access

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 donkenall

donkenall

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:44 PM

I'm not sure what started this, but I've queried my server (Peoplepc) several times and they have not helped. Also downloaded latest Peoplepc software and reset my computer to several months prior.
When I try to access Web Mail on Peoplepc I get, "The page cannot be displayed." Sometimes this message flashes first, then I get, "The web site address you entered could not be found." Same thing happens when I'm on e-bay and I go to "my e-bay." Also when I try to go to a secure site such as when I want to place an order.
Please help before I get my hammer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:39 PM

It sounds to me that either you have a problem with cookies or with your security settings for those sites, assuming you use Internet Explorer. Try moving those "problem" sites to your secure/safe zone.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 donkenall

donkenall
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:23 PM

Thanks, John. I just use it. Don't know how to do what you recommended. Sorry for the ignorance, but how do you move the problem sites to the secure/safe zone?

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:00 PM

This MS knowledgebase article covers IE zones and how to put sites into the Trusted Sites Zone:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;174360

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users