Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

huge headache

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hybridmunky

hybridmunky

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:28 PM

i have been trying to get rid of spyware/adware for a week i've dowloaded at least 10 progrmas and none of them got rid of it all i tracked down wherer the files were and manually deleted them now wehn i boot i get the message s32nvert.exe unable to locate component and it says ace.dll not found can sum1 help me get rid of the spyware and get my computer back to normal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 spywaredr

spywaredr

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:49 PM

WHAT have you downloded/installed ? what's your windows version [XP,ME,??] did you close net messenger ? see how here
http://ieoptions.friendpages.com
compare what you've tried to these
http://browseraddons.friendpages.com
http://antispyware.friendpages.com
mebbe then we can offer a solution.

#3 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2005 - 09:01 PM

make sure to do a virus scan and see if that can get rid of some of the bad files.

#4 hybridmunky

hybridmunky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2005 - 10:44 PM

i've done like 5 virs scans all got rid of crap. this had to of been really bad spyware now its eating up my memory dunno wut to do

#5 red59convt

red59convt

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 26 September 2005 - 12:18 AM

It has been my experience that using virus removal software is sometimes not enough.
I would suggest that you also use a registry cleaner to rid components that virus scans do not efficiently get rid of.
This works for me.
The first thing I would do is to run a system restore and see if that solves the problem of the missing file.
More than likely the file isn't missing, it has been corrupted by a virus.
A system restore may bring it back.
Depending on the brand name of computer you have, you may also do a system recovery instead of system restore.
I have an hp computer, and this program came with it.
When system restore won't fix the problem, system recovery did.
It is a lot more involved than system restore but, it got rid of all the viruses on my drive, and brought the computer back to the state it was in when I first purchased it.
As I stated , Hp computers come with this feature.
I am not sure about other brands.
When all eles failed, my system recovery solved the problems.
The only drawback was, I had to back up files I wanted to keep.
Hope this helps.
Bob.

#6 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 26 September 2005 - 05:04 AM

i get the message s32nvert.exe unable to locate component and it says ace.dll not found

Actually, this is probably a good thing. When you use anti-virus and anti-malware programs to clean your computer they will remove malicious and infected files. However, they may not remove some registry and other entries that want those files to be run at certain points in the boot process. So these errors are a result of the computer looking for and not finding, say, ace.dll, as it is gone but still called for and the computer reports that as an error when it really is not because it probably shouldn't have been in the boot process to begin with.

Go to Start>Run and type in msconfig. Under the Startup tab uncheck everything not absolutely necessary. Our Startup Database at that top of this page will help you determine what you do and don't need. Reboot and watch for errors. Add a Startup entry back and reboot again. Keep doing this until you get an error. Now you know the source of the error and you can take the appropriate action. Ace.dll may be associated with Adobe. Try removing that from your Startups, if it is there, as the first one you try. If the error is gone, you may need to reinstall Adobe.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users