Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot open taskmanager, regedit, antivirus programs & websites

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SK123

SK123

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:19 AM

Hello Everyone,

Hope the experts here can help me in resolving my issue. Thanks everyone in advance.

After copying some files from my friend's USB last night, my task manager, registry editor is disabled, cannot run CCleaner, spybot search & Destroy, Norton Antivirus from my system. Except antivirus websites, almost all websites are accessible. When accessing the antivirus websites, the page just keeps loading and the blank page stays for ever. Tried with different regedit fix tools but of no use.

Can someone please look at this topic and let me know if any fix is available for this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SK123

SK123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:49 AM

Hi Guys,

Just an update on my problem.
It might help if anyone faces the same problem.

Uninstalled the antivirus from my system. Installed the 'Microsoft Security Essentials' from Microsoft website. Ran the scan and it was able to find the issues and fixed some on first run. My system hanged on first run when fixing the issues. On the second run, it was able to fix the issues. I tried to install many antivirus softwares before 'Microsoft Security essentials' but the virus didn't allowed me to install them on my system. Now I am able to visit all antivirus websites too. Had to uninstall and re install some applications. Enabled my task manager and registry editor using gpedit.msc from Run command.

Not sure if it fixed all issues in the system but didn't notice any after that.

Really thankful to Microsoft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users