Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless utilization, slow etc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hatedude00

hatedude00

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:06 AM

Hey guys!

Just reinstalled vista and did a format on my computer and since then the internet is working really bad. The wireless utilzation is around 0,3% all the time.
When im surfing, every other website is really slow and some is OK. Cant download through the internet browser, as every single thing goes in 1-3 kb/sec, but in utorrent for example i go up to 1mb/sec as that is my maxspeed. Ive even tried with cable and it is the same.

Windows update and some applicationupdates works and goes in 1mb/sec.

I installed AVG antivirus first of all but then i looked around on the net and many says that it slow down the internet so i uninstalled it but still no effect.
When i do speedtests on my internet it max out both download and upload.

I just dont know where to start with this since i dont know much of wireless, more into the hardware/programming part.
Can add that i have Dell Wireless WLAN card utility and maybee u have a driver-recommendation for it?
Used Vistumbler and it give me 82% signal nonstop.

I downloaded TCPOoptimizer and fixed the settings as optimal but still i cant load youtubeclips etc and i cant come up higher then 6kb/sec while downloading thru the internet browser.

Tried to ping a couple of websites in run and its always different results, sometimes it works and sometimes the connection times out.
It is freeking impossible to download or play anything.

Edited by elise025, 26 April 2010 - 08:20 AM.
Logs removed so the topic can stay in this forum; do not post new logs please ~ Elise

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:18 PM

Welcome to Bleepingcomputer!

I have to ask what exactly are you connecting to to obtain the wireless signal and what class is the router in as far is it a B, G or N router. Most wireless G routers only allow 54 Mbps and B is even slower than that.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 hatedude00

hatedude00
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:11 PM

Its a G router. And your first question i dont really get.
The internet worked perfectly before the reinstall of vista but now utorrent is the only thing that actually works fine, it uses all the internet as it should.
But still cant stream anything, download anything(1kb/sec) thru webbrowers and some sites work sometimes, its always different sites.

Ive noticed that all the "major/big" sites like google works really good.
But for example if i download a torrent from say torrentbytes or torrentleech, they are 20kb big and its impossible to finish the download of just the torrentfile itself, it goes in 500bytes/sec but it fails after a couple of minutes but then heres a twist:
When i download a torrentfile from demonoid it pops up directly in utorrent, so no problem at all and the site works perfectly aswell(searching and stuff).
I DONT GEET IT

Edited by hatedude00, 26 April 2010 - 11:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users