Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

combofix unexpected restart

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 scicom

scicom

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:47 PM

Hi mods,

i ran combofix on my win xp pro, after finishing all the stages when the program about to delete the infected files the pc restarted, i run the combofix again and had the same result.

pls. help tnx.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:44 PM

ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here

You should not be using Combofix unless instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for general public or personal use. Combofix was never meant to be used as a general purpose malware scanner like SuperAntispyware or Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer.

Unlike what many people think, Combofix is not a fix-all program that's just "run and done". It is a highly specialized tool that should only be used under the supervision of an expert. It's not an "everyday use", clean-all program.

If you suspect malware, please post a new topic in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs sub-forum, with a description of the issues you are having and the contents of the log file (copy and paste the contents of the log into your topic, don't attach it). Please note: the Malware Response team are always overwhelmed, and it could take a few days to get your first reply. Just be patient and don't "bump" your topic by replying to it (MRT members are looking for topics with 0 replies...if you reply to your own first, it will appear that you are already receiving help and thus delay receiving actual help). You will also likely be scolded for running Combofix without supervision.

If you don't suspect malware and just ran Combofix for no good reason, please uninstall it by typing the following into the "Run" box and pressing Enter: combofix /uninstall
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:49 PM

@ scicom -

Never run Combofix unless you are directed by an expert - Even if you move the mouse during the scan you can corrupt your files -
The versions are always being changed or altered or updated -
Run Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware only - Other problems require expert advice as directed by keyboardNinja above -

Thank You - :thumbsup:

Edited by noknojon, 25 April 2010 - 11:51 PM.

#4 scicom

scicom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:05 AM

oh im sorry for that sir, because before i already used it, cause my avg detects virus (trojan) but did not fix it, so i ran combofix and solved the problem. so what should i do first sir? cause im seeing virus in my avg virus vault on c:windows/system32, what should i do to remove those virus.

#5 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:17 AM

Please post a new topic in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs sub-forum, with a description of the issues you are having and the contents of the log file (copy and paste the contents of the log into your topic, don't attach it). Please note: the Malware Response team are always overwhelmed, and it could take a few days to get your first reply. Just be patient and don't "bump" your topic by replying to it (MRT members are looking for topics with 0 replies...if you reply to your own first, it will appear that you are already receiving help and thus delay receiving actual help). You will also likely be scolded (again) for running Combofix without supervision.

PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#6 scicom

scicom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:27 AM

Please post a new topic in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs sub-forum, with a description of the issues you are having and the contents of the log file (copy and paste the contents of the log into your topic, don't attach it). Please note: the Malware Response team are always overwhelmed, and it could take a few days to get your first reply. Just be patient and don't "bump" your topic by replying to it (MRT members are looking for topics with 0 replies...if you reply to your own first, it will appear that you are already receiving help and thus delay receiving actual help). You will also likely be scolded (again) for running Combofix without supervision.

thanks sir :thumbsup:

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:48 AM

over the last week or so I have been infected three times with Antispyware Soft or another slight variation of this.

Much of what Combofix does is completed upon reboot as part of its routine.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users