Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows media player

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 soryo

soryo

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:43 PM

Hopefully this is the right forum. >>;

So! I've downloaded music for my mp3 player, but it's not showing up on windows media player. Actually, I don't know WHERE it's going. xD
When I save the music file it doesn't give me an option of where to place it. =[
When the music first downloads, it opens on windows media player, but it's not showing up in the list of downloaded music. so I can listen a few times, but when I close the program the music isn't there anymore. It's not on my lists...Not under recently added music or anything.
Remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 meuchel

meuchel

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:20 PM

it is probably downloading to a temp directory and is being deleted upon closing it.
what program are you using to download?
internet explorer, firefox, or a p2p like bear share or napster?

#3 tjwh

tjwh

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:50 AM

Hopefully this is the right forum. >>;

So! I've downloaded music for my mp3 player, but it's not showing up on windows media player. Actually, I don't know WHERE it's going. xD
When I save the music file it doesn't give me an option of where to place it. =[
When the music first downloads, it opens on windows media player, but it's not showing up in the list of downloaded music. so I can listen a few times, but when I close the program the music isn't there anymore. It's not on my lists...Not under recently added music or anything.

If the program automatically stores the files, there could be an option in the options/settings menu where you can change the location your files go to. Because you mentioned they disappear, I tend to agree with the previous reply that it could end up in your temporary files.

Please let us know what program do you use to download the music. Also, is there a specific domain or URL you download the music from?
And do let us know what operating system you use. This makes it easier for us to help you with this.

#4 soryo

soryo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:08 PM

Oh wow I ended up figuring it out. ^^;
Even though I'm not sure what folder it is, after the download I have the download window, and can right click to go to the folder the mp3 is in.
After that I've been dragging them into a new folder that I can actually find. >>;
Thanks for trying to help!
Remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.

#5 meuchel

meuchel

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:30 AM

good job.
the status bar at the top or bottom of the window should display the path to the folder you are in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users