Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some games not showing up in All Programs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ItsThat

ItsThat

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:36 AM

I recently installed 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium on a new build and some of my games are not showing up in the Start Menu. For example, there's no Ubisoft folder where Assassin's Creed 2 would be otherwise. And under Electronic Arts where I would usually see both Crysis AND Battlefield Bad Company 2, I can only see Crysis. On my old computer with Windows XP, this was never an issue. Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 meuchel

meuchel

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:36 PM

you reinstalled the games after you installed windows 7 or did you upgrade to windows 7 with the games already installed?
i know some titles like spore require a patch to add the icons to the start menu on the 64 bit platform.

#3 pocket1982

pocket1982

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:42 PM

have you tried checking the games folder Click start then games on second column

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:33 PM

Check the Program Files(x86) folder for your games.

#5 pcs365_1

pcs365_1

• Banned
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:44 AM

Hi friend,

Open the Games folder by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type games, and then, in the list of results, click Games Explorer.

Your games should appear in this folder if you have installed it. The Games folder is more than just the central repository for all games on your computer. It also offers game updates, statistics, rating information, RSS feeds, and more.

Do post your results (if working or not) for any further help. Happy Computing :huh:

Regards,
PCS365_1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users