Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Key loggers and lost email.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gamma666

gamma666

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:21 AM

Hello, thank you for your time and patience.

I've been having difficulty removing a keylogger upon my computer. i have run several anti-virus/malware programs,( AvG, Dr.Web,Avast, Spyware doctor, Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D.)

I was wondering if i still have anything on my computer, because all the scans came up blank, yet i have been unable to get any email inside my email account, despite changing passwords.

I do see a csrss.exe , MOM.exe, Reader_dl.exe, and CCC.exe program running and haven't been able to remove them, but i am not so sure what they are, i have seen a few other website that elude to htem being a source of problems.

Edited by Pandy, 25 April 2010 - 10:03 AM.
Moved from Windows XP Home and Pro to a more appropriate forum ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 certifiedgeek

certifiedgeek

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:35 PM

I believe the CCC.exe and MOM.exe are related to ATI video cards specifically the Catalyst software. The Reader_dl.exe is related to Adobe Reader, and the csrss.exe is a critical windows file that should be probably left alone.

What leads you to believe you have a secrete keylogger on your computer? Any more info on what you are experiencing other than the email issue would be greatly helpful.

Have you tried to run Malwarebytes or SUPERAntispyware yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users