first you have to make the misson again but this time win all the 3 fights then you will see a cutsene of santos and you spwan in the hospital. dont ansewar the massage he sends you! now go to luis's house and save the game and restart the game now load your savegame and do the misson again and it will work with no bugs.
Try the above, if that doesn't work you may have to look for a save file after said missions. The above only works for 'Momma's boy.'
From what it is looking like at GTAForums, this is a known issue for some users. I don't own any of the episodic content but it sounds like it is related to the 1.0.6 patch.
yeah that wouldn't work for me as it freezes after the first cutscene, so I wasn't able to play the mission at all.
Luckily I have found my solution; going to start and then games, right clicking on the icon and select 'play in safe mode'. The graphics are bleepty but for one mission I can handle that
The game still does it on random missions though so I have to play the game in safe mode fairly often. But when the mission is cleared, I save and then restart my game in normal mode and continue to play with my normal settings.
So the problem is solved, but thanks for your reply. I'll also post some options R* support gave me. These didn't work for me, but who knows, might help someone else.
Please install the following:
To run the game in Windows Compatibility mode.
- right click on the shortcut for the game.
- left click on Properties.
- click on the Compatibility Tab.
- tick the box called "Run this program in compatibility mode for."
- select a version of Windows to run the game in.
- click on apply.
- click on ok.
1. Delete all temporary files from your system.
Navigate to C:\Windows\Temp and delete all files in this folder.
Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\*Your User Name*\Local Settings\Temp and delete all the files in this folder.
You may need to turn on the ability to view hidden files and folders to do this. To do so, double click My Computer, then click Tools and Options. Then click View and select the option to view all hidden files.
2. Close down all background tasks.
To do this click Start, then Run, then type MSCONFIG and click OK. From there click on the tab marked startup.
For Windows XP users click the button marked as Disable All, then click Apply and Close.
For Non Windows XP users, please remove the ticks from all of the boxes apart from the below four and then click Apply and close.
Once this has been done, please reboot the computer and then try the game again.
Try running the game in DX9 mode:
- Click on your start menu.
- Go to Games.
- Right click on the GTA4 icon that appears.
- Choose to "Play - DirectX9."
Alternatively, if you have a desktop icon for the game try the following:
- Right click on the game's shortcut icon and click "Properties."
- On the "Shortcut" tab, in the section that says "Target" go as far right as the text allows, and outside the last quotation mark (") type a space, followed by "-dx9."
- Click Apply, then OK.
Edited by ronnie1223, 30 April 2010 - 05:14 AM.