Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE pages redirected to 'This website may be harmful, etc'

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:15 AM

Im working on this computer for someone that had a few viruses/spyware/etc on it. Ive gotten rid of everything, except when using IE every other page will redirect to this other webpage that says 'This website may be harmful to your computer' and ask if you want to continue unsecured or install an Anti-whatever program. When I click the install xxxxx program button, it doesnt go anywhere, so Im not sure what the name is. I have several programs including AVG, SpywareBlaster, MBAM, Spybot S&D, HiJackThis, and AdAware, and none of these programs detect anything. I cant seem to find anything in Program Files, WINDOWS, A/R programs, or anywhere else that is obvious. Searching just comes up with generic answers that havent really helped, so now Im out of ideas. What should I try next?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 certifiedgeek

certifiedgeek

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:19 AM

Hi Nick R 23,

Would you mind posting your MBAM and AVG logs please? Have you tried using SUPERAntispyware yet or Dr.Web CureIt?

I would also try running TFC by Old Timer to clear out any temp files before your run those scans I mentioned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users