Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

possible new virus that I can't figure out

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thenewbigmack

thenewbigmack

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:52 AM

Hey guys... first post here and hoping to get some help. I was installing a printer driver for my dad yesterday and the driver had an error during download. I then installed something called "driver detective" to see if I could fix the problem. After doing some research, I am fairly confident that the driver detective is not the origin, but I'm not sure. Anyways... when the computer was restarted, the first screen popped up with the options at the bottom such as "F2 setup, F10 system recovery, etc etc"... however, the screen freezes right there, and the keyboard also freezes. I haven't found a way to get past this screen at all, and I also can't get a keyboard to function, no matter if I switch keyboards. One thing I didn't try was using a USB keyboard, but I'm not sure if that would make a difference. I didn't have access to one either. It also will not boot from cd as far as I can tell. I'm stumped guys... any ideas? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thenewbigmack

thenewbigmack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:25 AM

sorry for posting in the wrong area, thank you for moving

#3 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:38 AM

If you have a windows installation CD, it would be good to see if you can boot from that and do a repair installation.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users