Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combo Fix Log

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Doc bubba

Doc bubba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:35 PM

I have run the Combo fix on a seriously infected machine. It generated the log. Is there some special place to post this or can someone tell me if I got everything?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:54 PM

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Since you have run ComboFix, please include the ComboFix log in the new topic.

If you cannot produce any of the other logs, then please create the new topic anyway, include the information that you were unable to produce the other logs and why and include the ComboFix log along with a description of your computer issues.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Doc bubba

Doc bubba
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:17 AM

I am not sure I want the rest of the suggested programs. I got Combofix from a suggestion of a website. I registered at this site, got it ran it and it said to submit the log to this site. No offense but I don't know this site from adam. Combofix seems to have solved many of the infection issues. Slow speed, popups etc. I was just looking to see if it had nailed this sucker, not get into a long (come on the required steps from the admin guy are long) involved process. Is there a way to submit the combofix log without doing everything else?

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:59 AM

Hello,

Frankly, I'd be more concerned about a site that told you to run ComboFix on your own. That's akin to telling someone to perform heart surgery on oneself. Please read this topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273628/combofix-usage-questions-help-look-here/ which discusses the use of ComboFix.

ComboFix logs are permitted ONLY in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs Forum. That is because those people are trained in its use and in malware removal.

Please note that just because symptoms are gone doesn't mean the infection is gone. The only way to determine if it is gone is by following the instructions I posted in my initial reply. If you wish, you can start at step 6 of that guide. There is no quick way of making that determination.

This topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182397/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do-how-do-i-get-help-who-is-helping-me/ may address some of your concerns about who to trust on this site.

Offsite, BleepingComputer is mentioned here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertz.../windowsxp.mspx

You may also wish to read this: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=3...D8-6C1544625260

I hope this allays your concerns about whether you can trust BC.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 Doc bubba

Doc bubba
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:52 PM

Hello,
Thanks for the background on the site and the related information. Very helpful. I got the address for this site and the recomendation to get CF from a post regarding Malwarebyes continually poppining up a message about blocking three specific ips trying to get in. It all started with the XPmalware 2010 getting on this machine. It morfed into several other issues that Malwarebytes and Nod 32 seem to have killed, but kept on coming back. As I said CF ran very nicely and came back up with the machine behaving much better and no more pop ups blocked messages from MW.
I am going to take your advice, (which is grately appreciated,) and run from #6 on the list of things sent by the admin. It may take a day or two as this machine is in use, unless I can convince the powers that be to allow me to take it off line and replace it with another.
Thanks again
Doc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users