Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Message on Reboot

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 25 September 2005 - 01:27 PM

I got this message on a reboot today. Error: Access violation at 0X7C9104B (tried to write to )X00030FFC, Program Terminated. I looked in the event viewer, but there is no reference to anything being terminated or of any negative issues. Google gives me nothing except the, "your search did not match any documents", message. :thumbsup:

Any guidance or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Win XPHome
Dell 8250 P4 2.5Ghtz
512 MB RAM

Be (Post Reply) Safe..hehe :flowers:

Da Animal

Edit: remove extraneous characters.

Edited by Animal, 25 September 2005 - 01:30 PM.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 25 September 2005 - 03:11 PM

More info would be needed, I think.

Those alphanumeric strings look like memory addresses...but that does not tell me anything. Maybe it's a clue for others.

Louis

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Topic Starter

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2005 - 03:26 PM

hamluis,

I wish there were more information. I copied the entire error message verbatim. The only thing I didn't do and didn't think of at the time was take a screen-shot. It was a small box with the posted error message. No additional clues. :thumbsup:

Be (Clueless) Safe

Da Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 25 September 2005 - 04:06 PM

Did this problem happen only once, and then never again? Or does this sort of thing happen a lot?

Albert Frankenstein

I'm so smart, it's scary!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Topic Starter

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2005 - 04:35 PM

Did this problem happen only once, and then never again?  Or does this sort of thing happen a lot?

Albert Frankenstein

I'm so smart, it's scary!

It happened the one time I've described, FWIW. I chose to ask for assistance after one occurrence. It's been over 6 weeks since I've rebooted. So the "a lot" scenario does not apply.

Be (Karloff) Safe Posted Image

Da Animal

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#6 abstractventures

abstractventures

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 26 September 2005 - 11:19 PM

any access violation error is due to a software program trying to write to a specific memory address that it does not have permission to write to. if it only happened once...don't worry about it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users