Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Temps & Fans

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 eastonch

eastonch

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:06 PM

Hey i got my PC to a low 27-35 Idle State today after a 50*c+ on all sensors last night after just a few hours. full of dust. i have 2 small 4cm fans spots at the back i am thinking about putting into action to exhaust a bit more for longlivity of my machine.

I am just wondering, safe operating temps for a AMD Phenom Black Edition 965 x4 3.4ghz?
and a 4800 ATI Radeon Card.
Any ideas?

Also anybody know any small case fans? ive looked on ebuyer to only find 2 fans... not good ones either. my case fans are Red so, if you can get coloured tiny fans thatd be great. Silent OFC too.

Edited by eastonch, 24 April 2010 - 07:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:13 PM

Anything above 65 degrees Celsius is in the risk zone and anything above 80 or 90 is really HOT.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 eastonch

eastonch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:31 PM

Thanks for the Fast Reply Computerxpds, I was looking at my Phenom's Maxes and it looks around 65-75 although i am not planning to hit that anytime soon. i might stress test this a little bit to see what it will go to before it starts getting that temps.

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:30 PM

As it says in the signature im the master of quick replies.
ok well be careful not to get them to high.

Edited by computerxpds, 24 April 2010 - 08:30 PM.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:17 PM

What kind of CPU cooler are you running; stock, or after-market?
What type of case; full, mid, or mini tower?

Don't know your location, but here's some 40mm case fans at NewEgg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....0&name=40mm
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 eastonch

eastonch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:38 AM

think if i remember rightly its a OCZ aftermarket one, got it with a performance pack from Mesh PC's.
Also im in the Uk so Newegg isnt an option. OCUK didnt have any that interested me. and i found a nice one but i am debating it. not very fast fan speeds with just under 2500 RPM on that perticular fan, not the best in my opinion, but the more RPM the more noise usually...

How loud is loud?

#7 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

How loud is loud?

As loud, as is acceptable to you.
You're the one that has to live with it. :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

#8 eastonch

eastonch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:56 AM

yes but i want something that isnt going to be so loud it over takes my sound system or to loud that would just be a constant annoyance. i dont mind a little noise but the less the better.

yes but i want something that isnt going to be so loud it over takes my sound system or to loud that would just be a constant annoyance. i dont mind a little noise but the less the better.

#9 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:38 PM

Large fan - lower RPM - less noise
Small fan - high RPM - more noise

The higher the RPM, the more noise that will be generated.
The smaller the fan, the more RPM it has to turn to move the same amount of air, as a slower turning larger fan.
Check the fans you have running, now.
If the noise is acceptable, look for fans running the same RPM.

#10 eastonch

eastonch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:56 PM

Mhmm well my speed fan detects 2000 from one fan it can only detect although ill pull up my bios after a stress test

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users