Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Asap! Total Vista Security Removal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 logue92

logue92

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:34 PM

Ok this Total Vista Security has somehow infected me, not sure how because im very careful not to click the popups etc about virus's i supposedly have but idk
anyway ive found this http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...-total-security of how to remove, but it says to look for tsc.exe BUT i dont have it there :|
Also says look for something else with a SHIELD or PADLOCK but again.. i got nothing!

Someone please help me find out which i need to remove or give me a different method of removal, i need this removed asap! Thankyou

Edited by Orange Blossom, 24 April 2010 - 07:27 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 certifiedgeek

certifiedgeek

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:01 PM

Hello logue92 and good evening,

Have you tried running any programs such as MBAM or SAS?

Before running them, use TFC by Old Timer which can be found here. Make sure you close and save all your work before running TFC since it will more than likely need to reboot your computer.

Are you pretty sure that you are dealing with the correct name rogue program? They tend to look alike and one word can change the removal process.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,556 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:49 PM

Hello you are using the wrong Guide. So here's what you need to do.

You will need to use a different computer than the infeted one. This is also a tricky rogue to remove, so please follow the instructions carefully.
From another computer, please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, or MBAM, and the reg files from the following locations and save it to an external media such as an external hard drive or a USB flash drive. We will then use the external drive or flash drive to to transfer these files to your infected computer.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Download Link
FixExe.reg

After you have downloaded the files to a removable device, you need to plug it into your infected computer.
On this computer make sure the malware is running. If it is not, you can launch it by running any program on your computer as that will trigger the rogue program to run. Once running, do not close it during the entire cleaning.

Open the mobile device drive .. Once open, double-click on the FixExe.reg file. When Windows prompts whether or not you want to allow the data to be added to your computer, click on the Yes button.

Now you should be able to run the mbam-setup.exe file that you saved on your removable media.
Double-click on this file to install MalwareBytes.
Make sure you leave both the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware checked. Then click on the Finish button.

Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
Then click on the Scan button.
If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.[list]
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users