Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

recovery

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:12 PM

Hi to everyone at Bleeping Computer !!!
I have a Windows 7, Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974 , laptop
All I get is a blinking cursor when the laptop tries to boot and I don't have a "RECOVERY DISC" for the laptop. Does anyone know if the laptop has a built-in RECOVERY program ?
I bought a Windows 7 Pro. disc from a guy, but I don't know if I can use it since it is " Pro". ? Could I use the Pro disc to just do a repair ?
Any and all help is greatly appreciated !!!!
Thank you !!!
The measure of man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:17 PM

Your lap top should have a recovery partition consult your user manual on how to access it.

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:23 PM

In addition, the recovery partition will aslo have the drivers that are specific to your laptop which will save you some time in doing the recovery.

#4 Darth sidious

Darth sidious

• Members
  • 248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:42 AM

Turn your computer on press F8 until the advanced boot menu appears select repair your computer select the keyboard layout press next log on to a user account with admin rights not a standard account click on toshiba hdd recovery and follow onscreen instructions to restore to factory default settings.

This will destroy any data on the hard drive so backup any important files before doing this.

After recovery has been done and you boot back into windows insert a blank dvd into your cd/dvd drive and click on recovery disc creator on desktop or under start>programs recovery disc creator and select create recovery discs and click create you may need more than one disc. If your hard drive ever fails these will be your only means of recovery of your os and programs. Toshiba will charge you if you have to order a set of recovery discs from them.

Hope this helps.
HP Compaq 6715b Notebook--AMD Turionx2 2.2Ghz 64 Mobile TL-64--4GB DDR2 667Mhz--Compaq 6715b--fujitsu siemens 500GB sataII Internal, Toshiba 1TB EXT HD Backup--IGP ATI Radeon x1250 128MB--Broadcom a\b\g Wlan adapter built in, Sonicwall TZ100, Dlink DSL 2740b--Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and linux ubuntu dual boot--Firefox 4.0 &IE8--Eset Firewall--Nod32 antivirus & Spyware Doctor--Malwarebytes anti malware.

#5 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:54 AM

When the Toshiba "splash screen" pops up, I press F8, but all that happends is I get a blinking cursur in the upper left corner. I looked in the bIOS and made sure that the computer recognizes a hard drive.
I'm gonna order a recovery disc on Tuesday.
The measure of man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

#6 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:58 AM

I ordered a boot-disc then realized that the cd player/burner doesn't work either. The laptop doesn't recognize the hard drive being there either. Soooooo, I'm closing the lid on the laptop and closing out this thread. I want to thank everyone for helping me and I hope one day that I can do the same !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users