Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

freezing

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 wukkie1

wukkie1

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:51 PM

hi, computer freezes on either microsoft or firefox, screen either slows down and i have to turn off or screen goes like youve got thick lens glasses on and have to reboot bill

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

Seems like a graphics issue.

What are your computer specs.? ie manufacture and model

Also what are your graphics specs is it on board or a card?
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 wukkie1

wukkie1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:02 PM

hi compaq pressario sr1000 on board graphics i know little about computers buill

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:09 PM

i also need your product number and model number. they can be located by following this guide--> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechS...ectID=c00004461
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 wukkie1

wukkie1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:16 PM

model sr1519uk ser no czb5310ksr product ec520aa-abu

#6 wukkie1

wukkie1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

ill be about tomorrow night thanks bill

#7 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:14 PM

ok i will continue to look for a solution and get back to you. im in the USA so ill be up for a while longer.
sigcomp.png 

#8 wukkie1

wukkie1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:11 PM

hi i am logged in if you are there im ok thanks

#9 wukkie1

wukkie1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:25 AM

hi now logged in bill

#10 wukkie1

wukkie1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:41 PM

When i post reply what do i press to send reply to bleeping?

Bill

Edited by hamluis, 26 April 2010 - 01:11 PM.
Merged topics ~ Hamluis

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:23 PM

I merged your topics, please don't start another topic :thumbsup:.

To post a reply, just find this thread and respond as you did previously.

HP Support Page, Presario SR1000.

I would suggest uninstalling the current video drivers first...before attempting to install fresh, undamaged versions of the video drivers from the above link.

To uninstall the video drivers: Start/Run...type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter. Click plus-sign in front of Display Adapters, double-click on the then displayed item...click Driver tab, click Uninstall button.

Note that there are several models of the SR1000 so you will have to pick the one that matches what you have.

Louis

#12 wukkie1

wukkie1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:47 PM

HI LOUIS IVE NEARLY DONE THAT BUT MY INFO IS NOT THERE SR100 T ETC DONT KNOW WHAT TO CLICK ONMODEL SAYS SR1519UK THATS NOT THERE ?

#13 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:53 PM

Hi,

wukkie1 I understand your frustration BUT please try not to post with all caps it:

1. Makes it harder to read and,

2. It is considered yelling.

Give me a min. and i will do a google search and try to find a solution.

I have been a little swamped lately and have been slowly working to get to your post again. But now i have your full attention. :thumbsup:
sigcomp.png 

#14 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,486 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

Ok so I have found the driver page here--> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...product=1101432 go there and scroll down to the middle to where it says original drivers and select the ati driver and download it and then go to computer management and uninstall the video driver then restart and install the one you downloaded. :thumbsup:

Please post back if the directions i posted worked or not. :flowers:

Edited by computerxpds, 26 April 2010 - 03:56 PM.

sigcomp.png 

#15 wukkie1

wukkie1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

hi ive done that succesfully will see how it goes many thanks bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users