Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Forbidden 403 when trying to download updates and cannot view any videos

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 denel165

denel165

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:35 PM

I havent been usin my compaq c500 in awhile because i didnt have an adapter for it however once replaced i noticed that i needed to update some things on here but when doing so i click on the link and it says forbidden 403 everytime i dont know what to do i have zone alarm on my computer however i thought that it was not allowing me but im unsure of exactly what the problem is i just hope someone on here can help
any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 03:07 AM

Hi and Welcome to Bleepingcomputer!

Do you see this forbidden 403 error on every url you try or just a certain site you are trying to get drivers from?

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 denel165

denel165
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:21 AM

just when i try to download the 403 forbidden appears

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:18 AM

just when i try to download the 403 forbidden appears

There might be a firewall setting blocking you. Your hosts file could be another reason too. You might want to read this information from Microsoft to see if you can resolve the problem with their suggestions.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/245142

Edited by MrBruce1959, 26 April 2010 - 10:22 AM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users