Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I control 3pin system fan speed??

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ascension

Ascension

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:07 PM

Ok I have a Zotac 6100 itx board and I am running speed fan. I am able to control the CPU fan 4pin connection but the 3 pin system fan control is not working in Speed Fan. I have gone through BIOS and there is no adjustments for that 3pin system fan... What can I do to control the fan speed?? I bought a 90mm Ultra to cool my CPU which it is doing much better than the stock HSF but at 2900 rpms it is loud....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ascension

Ascension
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:24 PM

Yeah so this isn't going to work off the mobo... Guess I need to get a 4pin fan or a resistor... Oh well.

#3 powder_sullivan

powder_sullivan

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:27 PM

There are a number of fan controllers that fit into 3.5" slots inside of your PC, such as this one http://www.pcabusers.com/reviews/vantec/nxp205/p1.html
Once properly wired you can then control pretty much all of the fans inside of your PC, including your cpu fan. You can expect to pay anywhere from $16.00 to $40.00 for certain models.

#4 Ascension

Ascension
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:11 PM

I decided to just nut up and by a four pin cpu fan instead of messing around lol. Its an Itx build cause I wanted something small for my office and music use only so I really don't have the means to mount additional drives or peripherals. Thanks for the input though Sully.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users