Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Data Execution Prevention has disabled everything

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sanfordschool

sanfordschool

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:44 PM

While in AOL, I decided to ask for mail counts in real time. AOL Companion said "go to keyword Deskbar, click to download." That was the end of everything. A box popped up saying Data Execution Prevention. It stated that Windows has closed the Windows Explorer program to protect the computer. I figured that if Windows didn't want to load it, then fine, I can live without it. So I tried to close the box and go back to AOL to do other things. Now I cannot open or close anything, not even Start. Cannot right or left click on any icon. The Task Manager is no help. All I have is a cursor on the wallpaper. Tried turning main power off, waiting, and then turning back on. Still nothing. Tried to use keyboard shortcuts instead of the mouse. I have fixed a lot of computer issues in the past, but this is impossible because I can't look at files, folders, program lists, or run anything. So now I am at a friend's computer trying to get help. Anyone ever have this problem? If so, how did you solve it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:13 AM

Hi -

If you have your XP CD or a Restore CD place it in the computer and see if the system recognises it -

Thanks - :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users