Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual Display Problem - Can't See Open Programs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 applesauce1234

applesauce1234

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:39 PM

Hi There

So I just got a digital projector and was trying to send the PC signal to it via desktop properties... it didnt work... so now my desktop is extended really far to the right, and most programs open on that side, i.e. off the screen... for example, if i right click on the desktop and click properties, nothing happens, or rather the window pops up, but i am unable to see it, because it is too far off to the right...

how can i access display properties to change it back to single display mode? it doesnt work if i go into control panel either...

im using windows xp home sp2.

thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 meuchel

meuchel

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:17 PM

Can you see the system time in the task bar or is that off the screen to?
Reboot the computer, tap f8, boot to safe mode, and set the display there.

#3 applesauce1234

applesauce1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:06 AM

hey there

thats what i originally planned to do... but for some reason, the keyboard is not activated until after the windows splash screen comes on... i cant even, for example, turn caps lock on and off, so tapping f8 doesnt seem to do anything...

and yes i can see the whole taskbar, up until the time... its just that everything else vital is loading to the right (off screen)

i mean, really all i need to do is figure out a way to move the right click/properties screen over to the left... other screens i can click ALT, then M, and move it over manually... any way i can do that with this screen??

Edited by colinweadick, 24 April 2010 - 03:32 AM.

#4 applesauce1234

applesauce1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:11 PM

phew... figured it out...

i right clicked on the desktop, then selected properties... the panel opened up off the screen as usual... i clicked ALT, LEFT, DOWN, M... that got me to the MOVE option... then i just clicked LEFT over until the panel moved onto the screen... then i clicked ENTER...

solved (sort of)!

#5 meuchel

meuchel

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:11 AM

I was gonna have you try that but I wasn't on a windows computer to remember the alt keys....LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users