Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A problem with a ''locked folder''.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SpiralOut

SpiralOut

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 25 September 2005 - 01:56 AM

I had to reinstall my Windows XP cuz of some ''error'' what said that some files are missing and i have to reinstall the Windows.
Or... actually my dad did reinstall this, cuz he didn't want that i mess up the computer :thumbsup: and so he did some it and i think he did something wrong.
Now my old ''user-account'' what i used.. it's own folder (which name is my user-accounts name) is locked. I had a password in it and also thing what blocked other users to visit my files. Other ''user-accounts'' what were in use, are ''unlocked'' cuz those ones didn't have that ''blockthing'' i think.
When i click in my old locked folder, it says ''C:\Documents and settings\Eemeli is not allowed. Use is not allowed.''
^ it was in finnish language, i translated it, so it maybe a bit wrong.
And when i check that folder's proberties, it says that there's anything in that folder: 0 bytes. But i'm sure that there's all the important stuff i kept there, cuz i calculated some things hehe.
Can i somehow break in in that folder? I want those important files in it. How?

Thanks, and please help me :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2005 - 06:54 AM

Try recreating the account while you are using the administrator account or at least one with admin privileges.

If that is not possible take ownership of the files while using the admin account.

#3 SpiralOut

SpiralOut
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:46 AM

When we reinstalled this Windows XP, we had to do new accounts, but the old accounts' folders had been stayed in the computer.
I have administrator's account.. and i've tried to open that folder.. but how?
What you meant with recreating? I can't recreate it.. or then i understood it wrong.

Thanks.

#4 SpiralOut

SpiralOut
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2005 - 12:44 PM

Someone help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users