Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thinkpad HD boot up error 2010

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Trader_ib1

Trader_ib1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

I have a Thinkpad T43 (model 2668) with a 40 gig HD. I bought two more T43's (model 1871) with 40 gig HD. To bring all 3 into conformity, I removed the HD's from both 1871 machines and cloned the HD in model 2668 to both HD's. On bootup of the model 1871's I get a boot error that says the drive is not compatible and problems could result. The machines continue to boot and they seem to operate OK, but the boot error message is annoying and I would like to eliminate it. Here is what I tried (that doesn't work):

I try to update the firmware but the firmware is current.

I bought original factory restore CD's and was successful at restoring to factory install.

I wiped the disk and did full factory restore--still have error.

Anyone have a fix out there? I know I could try to find and buy another T43 model 1871-4BU with a 40 gig HD and clone my two error drives to it and probably solve the problem. But there must be a simpler, more elegant and less expensive solution.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:19 PM

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss...ocid=MIGR-42321, scroll down to 2010.

Louis

#3 Nate S.

Nate S.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:45 PM

My suggestion to this kind of error would be to download a modified BIOS that doesn't contain this error. This can be found at ThinkWiki.org under "Problems with non-Thinkpad Hard drives" or at this link: http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_non-ThinkPad_hard_disks . Upgrade the Bios by downloading your machine's specific .zip file and run the BIOS upgradde program in the .zip file. A full guide is underway at Ifixit.com with the title Fixing 2010 Error.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users