Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infection unknown

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 domando1069

domando1069

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:00 PM

Help please
I have an issue with my desk top, it.s a Dell4700, xp home.
Can't do system restore, antivirus won't work, can't run any of these softwares in normal or safe mode: MBAM, rkill, avast, dds, Housecall, Super anti spyware, ATF cleaner, no internet, can't copy files nothing works always get some sore of can't run error. GMER does scan, but says no infction????
Help please and thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:31 PM

Hello try running Rkill ,MBAM and SAS from another user account
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 domando1069

domando1069
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:04 PM

boopme
Thanks tried that, no go, what ever I got is driving me nuts

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,760 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:53 PM

Try it this way.

Click on Start, Then Control Panel
Click on Users
Create a new user account with Administrative Rights
Login as that user
Now run MBAM (MalwareBytes below) ,, Run a FULL scan this will search all user accounts on your machine.
Reboot your machine.
When your machine is at the login don't login into the infected account log into the new account you made.
Logout of the new account once the machine finishes booting up.
Hopefully we are good.

If still no joy . Try creating this disk and boot off of it. You will need anothewr computer to make this.
Avira AntiVir Rescue System
Tutorial for Avira Rescue CD
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 domando1069

domando1069
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

boopme
what ever I have, will not let me make another user account
thanks

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,760 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:25 PM

Rats!! do the rescue CD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users