Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Certified Geek Intro

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 certifiedgeek

certifiedgeek

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:51 AM

Hi everybody,

I am new to Bleeping Computer but have been working with computers since about 2001. The main reason I joined is to learn about fighting malware from the Bleeping Computer malware fighting training program. I have been doing this for friends, family, and some local customer for several years, and thought I would try to learn more and pass on my knowledge to others in the forums in need.

I look forward to this forum community.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:07 PM

Hello and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 certifiedgeek

certifiedgeek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:17 PM

Well what a day! I think I posted over 30 times today in hopes of getting closer to the malware training academy and it felt pretty good trying to help other people since I have years of previous experience. However, I realize I know very little compared to some of the experts in this forum.

Thanks for the reply Budapest and I will check out the links you posted. Feel free to PM me or respond with any helpful advice or constructive criticism on how to move closer to my goal of becoming a malware expert. :thumbsup:

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:40 PM

Have you seen this topic:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86678/malware-removal-training-program/
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:26 PM

Welcome to this friendly user community!
If you are seriously interested in furthering your malware knowledge, check periodically to see if there are openings in BC's training programme.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users