Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp will not boot up completely

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ttm2117

ttm2117

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:55 AM

I have windows XP and every time I restart my computer it will not boot up all the way. I have to run scannow every time. When scannow is almost finished it finishes. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,751 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:32 AM

System manufacturer and model?

How can you run any commands...on a system that cannot boot?

If you mean that you run the chkdsk command...from the XP Recovery Console...then that might make sense.

In any case, please be more explicit in stating just what steps take place...it makes this more likely to result in a successful exchange of info, IMO.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users