Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

starup menu

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bwolf

bwolf

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 29 September 2004 - 05:19 AM

how do you take favorites off of start menu on a 98se, i did it once before but can't remember how now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 29 September 2004 - 10:21 AM

To remove the Favorites submenu from your Start Menu do these steps:
  • Click on start, then run, and type regedit and press the ok button.

• Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

• In the right pane, right-click on an empty space and select New and then DWORD Value.

• Name the new value NoFavoritesMenu

• Then double-click on this new value and set it to 1.

• Exit Regedit

• Reboot and your computer and it should no longer be visible.
In the future if you would like the Favorites to appear on your Start Menu again, navigate back to that key and change the value of NoFavoritesMenu to 0.

#3 bwolf

bwolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 06 October 2004 - 02:24 PM

[SIZE=1]Thanks alot for the help grinler, I know I am way behind everyone in knowledge and thought someone would laugh at my question but least you didn't.

Bwolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users