Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor is partly blind

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 reyak

reyak

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:30 AM

ok, I've been playing FreeRealms. Until now, there has been no issue....now,...there is an issue. A few days ago, I quit the game and the monitor was not happy. It looked like a painting that was splashed with water. This was only the small 600-800 setting, the larger setting was fine. I can't see what I am doing on the larger screen though. Anyway, I figured out how to fix this (after a good long time) and solved THAT problem. It was, I believe, the refresh rate.

Now, once that was fixed, I had a new problem. A few inches on the right side of the screen are now missing, and everything looks a little fuzzy and stretched side to side. I tried fixing this with the buttons on my monitor, but they only move the desktop, not stretch it. Setting in properties does nothing, and neither does Intel Extreme Graphic 2.....not that I know how I got that...

I tried going back into the game, hoping it would simply reset the monitor, since the game itself has no stretching issues, but it did not help. I hope someone here can.

Reyak

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:13 AM

Check your monitor settings.

#3 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:14 AM

I tried fixing this with the buttons on my monitor, but they only move the desktop, not stretch it.
reyak

Check your monitor settings.

?
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#4 reyak

reyak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:04 AM

Would either of you care to expand your comments? I do not know what "check your monitor settings" means, aside from what I said I did. As for "?".... no clue at all.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:52 AM

If you are saying that your current screen resolution...makes the desktop too large...then adjust your screen resolution via the video settings options in XP. Resolutions available are controlled by your video card/drivers.

If the current video drivers are causing problems...uninstall them and then reinstall them. If uninstalling the video drivers and then reinstalling them doesn't impact video chip/card issues...the next guess would be that the device itself is dying or in need of replacement.

If you are saying that your monitor doesn't reflect the entire desktop at ANY resolution...that's a monitor issue. The buttons on your monitor provide some adjustments for that.

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:39 PM

What kind of monitor do you have, as some monitors you need to save the settings or else each time you turn the monitor off they get reverted back to what they were before.

By settings I am talking about The Vertical and Horizontal positioning.

Tried resetting the monitor back to factory defaults?

#7 reyak

reyak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:27 AM

:flowers: Situation resolved. :trumpet:

I t seems that the issue could be partially resolved by changing the refresh rate. I used Intel Extreme Graphics 2 which was preloaded with the OS. This fixed the overlap problem as well as the desktop stretched beyond visible parameter problem. It only fixed the issues in the 800x600 setting, but it is the only one I can use at this distance from the monitor anyway...I really need new glasses, lol.

Thank you for your help Bleeperz! I couldn't have gotten this far without you. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users