Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Create E-commerce design

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:52 PM

Does anybody know where I can read up on creating a e-commerce type of website?

Like have a product listed and then have like a check-out and a payment option.

I just want to learn how it works and how I can design one, I have been reading up in W3 schools but I am not that far in yet.

I tried and research the "Web Site Development" post but I could not find anything. :thumbsup:

Edited by JUICYboy, 22 April 2010 - 09:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

At the heart of it, an e-site website is still a website, albeit a website with a different purpose. If you want to learn how to create e-commerce websites, look at e-commerce websites. Look at the good, the bad, and the ugly. Web pages give information. An e-commerce website gives information about products.

Creating your own checkout and payment schemes is foolish unless you have years of development experience, and good liability insurance. Fortunately there are companies like Paypal and Google checkout that make it relatively painless to create a shopping cart. They provide the code, you utilize it. They handle the transaction and liability, you pay a small fee to not deal with the transactions and liability. Check out the Google Checkout API, or the Paypal API for examples on how to use their code.

based on what I have observed of your abilities at this point, you do not yet have the ability to understand how to do this. Build basic websites. Build web pages just to try out a technology and then throw them away. You have a lot to learn yet. :thumbsup:

#3 JUICYboy

JUICYboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:32 PM

Yea I think so, I am going to fast, all do I will study it. I do not want to get into trouble, I feel it a little overwhelming.

Thank-you for the great advice. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users