Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unzipping Files

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mpetrodoc

mpetrodoc

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:32 PM

So... my subscription to WinZip expired a while ago and I'm tired of spending all that money for it. I first tried 7Zip and now the trial version of WinRAR. I have a bunch of medical software programs I want to download to the SD card on my Windows Mobile 6.5 based HTC Touch Pro 2. My problem is that once I use the above free unzip programs I get a list of files I have NO IDEA of what to do with from inside the WinRAR program in order to be able to sync with my phone to store on the SD card.
I know there must be some really easy way to do this, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out!
Could someone out there take me through a step-by-step tutorial on how to use this zip utility to get programs onto my phone?
Thanks.

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:33 AM

Well, I use 7Zip for any unzipping and never have a problem.

Right click on the file, choose 7Zip, and extract to Folder (Auto Named).

Open that folder and do whatever you want. If you choose another option, you are liable to have files scattered everywhere but the above method keeps it all together.

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users