Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recovering deleted files

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chayden

chayden

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:40 PM

Hi:
I'm not sure where this topic fits, so please move if not appropriate.

My son damaged his mac beyond repair, so I took out the hard drive to recover files for him. Being inexperienced with macs, I inadvertently deleted some of his files (music files of course). I decided the better way to do things was to get software which would read the mac (now external) hard drive on my windows 7 pc, which I did, so I was then able to copy the remaining files to my computer. However, there still is the issue of the deleted files, which I would like to recover if possible.

I started looking at software (I'd like something free as this is a one-time operation), but then I realized I didn't know if I could find a program that would work on my pc to recover deleted files on a mac hard drive. So my question is:

Will pc data recovery software recover deleted files on a mac external hard drive? (if so, is there any such software available for free?)
Or, is the only way to do this is to get mac software and use a mac to recover deleted files from the mac external hard drive?
Or, is there another solution I haven't thought of?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:09 PM

You could try Recuva. This says for Mac http://www.brothersoft.com/downloads/recuva-for-mac.html

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users