Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected PC

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tom12

Tom12

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:32 PM

I have XP Media Service Pac 3 on a HP PC.
NOD 32 Eset
Lavasoft AD Aware
SpyBots Search and Destroy
CCleaner
Abexo Reg Cleaner
Malwarebytes
Last weekend I clicked on a link in a web designers site, my nod 32 shut it down.
First my browser when I would google something for instance if I click on Legal Zoom it takes me to some lawyers page. If i copy and paste the link then it goes where I want. Then I keep getting Just in Time debugger, them XP smart Sercuity. Learned on the internet how to start in safe mode, did that, ran eset ( when I ran Eset it showed finding 5 things, but when I went back to see if it was done scanning the PC was turned off?), malwarebytes and spybots the PC would not let me open ad aware in safe mode, all this is over the course of a few days.
Now my PC will not open programs, wants to know what program I wish to use to open firewall, ect..ect., and everything else. even if I go start/run it wants to know what program I use to open run.
My firewall is off, my broswer goes where it wants, I can't access any programs.
I saw on this site about ComboFix thought it sounded right for me but also saw that you guys only recommend using it if someone with knowledge says to. All I know about fixing my PC I picked up with Mr Googles help. I have my business stuff on the PC, in my 50's, can't hardly type, don't know how to back up everybody talks about, really can't afford to pay someone to come out and fix it.
So that being said thought I would sign up here and see what happens.
Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users