Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recommendations for Mouse Drivers to Get HotKeys

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 applesauce1234

applesauce1234

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:15 PM

Hey there

So i just got replaced my wireless laser mouse (Logitech MX620 - www.logitech.com/en-ca/428/2987?WT.z_sp=Image) with a new one (same model - old one broke)...

now however, the volume and mute hotkeys on the mouse do not work (everything else does, including back and forward)... i downloaded the drivers from the logitech website, and it got me to install setpoint.exe version 6.0... everything then worked, however, it seems to be using a lot of memory...

the first mouse i had allowed me to use the volume up/down/mute buttons... i didnt have to install special drivers, nor was there an extra process running (with setpoint.exe turned on, both setpoint.exe and KHALMNPR.exe are running processes, which together use about 25MB of RAM)

is there another program that uses less? im not looking for a lot of hot keys on my mouse... just volume up, down and mute, and back and forth

thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 meuchel

meuchel

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:27 PM

did you try uninstalling all the logitech junk trough control panel and unplug and replug the mouse and let plug and pray do it's thing?
sometimes it will just work.
maybe the old drivers were corrupt.

#3 applesauce1234

applesauce1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:51 PM

hey there... yeah i tried that... i have no special drivers installed right now, and so the two volume buttons and the mute button dont do anything...

the logitech ones are nice, its just that they are a bit of a resource hog... i tried ipoint, the microsoft set, but they dont work...

#4 meuchel

meuchel

• Members
  • 275 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:39 AM

I wonder if you could install the Logitech drivers and just shut down the added services if the hotkeys would still work?

#5 applesauce1234

applesauce1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:27 PM

yeah i tried that... the hotkeys didnt work, but the mouse itself still did.

#6 applesauce1234

applesauce1234
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:48 PM

well, this program - volumouse - works ok, and uses only about 4mb memory...

http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/V...iew-94021.shtml

i just hold down a key and move the mousewheel, and i can set it to perform a volume task.

problem solved enough for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users