Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown malware has disabled internet access

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ed G

Ed G

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:31 PM

I have a XP Professional desktop that I use solely on an external USB WiFi adapter. Earlier today I noticed a "DCOM server launcher terminated" message and a timer started to countdown and the computer was shut down. I tried a few things from Goggling the symptoms that I observed. I ran 'Combofix' from a flash drive. It does run and make a log file. I can copy files but I'm locked out of pasting them so I could not copy Combo fix to the desktop. I ran ATF - Cleaner from a flash drive. I ran erunt from a flash drive. I tried to install Hijackthis but I get a message saying that the Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. I tried to install Malwarebytes but I get a run time error '372' Failed to load 'vbalGrid' from vbalsgrid6.ocx. I tried to install Spybot but it said that the server name or address could not be resolved. I cannot drag and drop icons. There fixed in placed. Some programs run and others don't. This computer has McAfee on it but even though I have administrator privileges, I can't turn it off. I have it running a full scan now. I pretty much tried everything that I found on line. I'm hopeful that someone here might be able to help.
Thanks in advance,
Ed G

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users