Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing File

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 NDIRISHFAN99

NDIRISHFAN99

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:34 PM

OK I start my computer up and it gets to log in screen and says im Missing LibraryLoader-L1-1-0.dll file then lets me log in but then the screen turns black and I cant do anything. I have tried all the options in system recovery with no success. The only option I have left is to reinstall windows but I will lose everything on my computer.. Please help with any thing you can because I really don't want to lose everything. Also I have searched the internet and everything has to do with being able access your desktop and I cant do anything but enter my password on log in scree.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:54 PM

Do you have a Windows 7 installation disc?

If so, boot off it and try running an sfc at the command prompt.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:47 PM

Which version of Windows 7 are you using? I have Windows 7 Professional (working) and I cannot find any such file on my hard disk.
Google search indicates that this file was on RC trial editions of Windows 7.

#4 NDIRISHFAN99

NDIRISHFAN99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:17 PM

Do you have a Windows 7 installation disc?

If so, boot off it and try running an sfc at the command prompt.

well i have tried four times and it keeps saying"there is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart".

I have shut my computer down 3/4 times and it says that everytime.

#5 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:37 PM

Have you done an actual reboot, instead of a shutdown then cold boot?

#6 NDIRISHFAN99

NDIRISHFAN99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:27 PM

Have you done an actual reboot, instead of a shutdown then cold boot?

I tried restarting the cpu and I also tried shutting down the cpu too. If this isnt right please let me know how to do that..

#7 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:11 PM

Well, if a sfc doesn't work, I don't really know.

If it were me, I would save my data and just do a clean install. I can have a system back up and running in less than 3 hours to the exact way it was before.

Whether you want to do that or not....that's up to you. I know you were trying to avoid it, but I don't have any other recommendations. Somebody else might come along with some other suggestions, but for now, I got nothing.

Sorry.

#8 NDIRISHFAN99

NDIRISHFAN99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:12 PM

Well, if a sfc doesn't work, I don't really know.

If it were me, I would save my data and just do a clean install. I can have a system back up and running in less than 3 hours to the exact way it was before.

Whether you want to do that or not....that's up to you. I know you were trying to avoid it, but I don't have any other recommendations. Somebody else might come along with some other suggestions, but for now, I got nothing.

Sorry.

How do I save the data if I can't log on.. And also how do I do a clean install I will do it just let me know hoe man. Thanks for your help

#9 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:49 PM

Well, if you do a clean install without a format, then everything that is on your computer right now will be saved in a Windows.old folder. There isn't really a need to backup, as it will all be saved in that folder, which can be retrieved after the clean install.

Clean Install Windows 7

In Step 8, DO NOT choose Format. Just select the partition (probably named Local Disk) and click Next. I repeat, DO NOT FORMAT.

#10 NDIRISHFAN99

NDIRISHFAN99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:06 PM

Well, if you do a clean install without a format, then everything that is on your computer right now will be saved in a Windows.old folder. There isn't really a need to backup, as it will all be saved in that folder, which can be retrieved after the clean install.

Clean Install Windows 7

In Step 8, DO NOT choose Format. Just select the partition (probably named Local Disk) and click Next. I repeat, DO NOT FORMAT.

Ok so i followed your steps and completed the clean install.. Now question about the windows.old file.. I have everything in there and thought it was going to be easy because i first re-loaded adobe and there was a specific item to click on to install it. but then i cam to the next program and could find an install file to click on and it just start installing. I see a bunch on ext and .dll that wont open.. Can you give me some advice how to do this?

#11 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:25 PM

Like I said, everything from the previous installation is there, including old program files. You cannot run these programs. They are not installed on the current fresh installation. They are just leftovers.

The only reason you were able to install Adobe is because Adobe leaves the setup files lying around so you can spread the software easily. Very few programs do this.

All you can get out of the Windows.old folder that is of any use is your data (documents, music, pictures, etc...). That was why you didn't format: so you wouldn't have to backup your data. It just got left behind. Everything else in Windows.old is useless. Once you get out what you need, you can delete Windows.old to regain some space.

But you will have to reinstall all the programs you had before. You cannot use the ones located in Windows.old. You can use the list of programs in the Program Files folder to remind you of everything you had installed, but you still will have to reinstall all those programs manually (however you did it the first time).

Any questions? :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users