Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mozilla Blocks Java Deployment Toolkit Plugin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:06 PM

Mozilla has added the Java Deployment Toolkit plugin to their list of blocked plugins. This comes in response to a proof of concept attack in the plugin by Tavis Ormandy, the same researcher who disclosed a vulnerability in the Java Webstart plugin two weeks ago. That vulnerability caused Oracle to release an emergency patch.

The move, applied through the open source outfit's Plugin Check feature, is intended to protect Firefox fans from a recently discovered security flaw affecting the Java Deployment Toolkit on multiple flavours of Firefox.

- The Register

Bugzilla Entry
Security Vulnerability Disclosure from Full Disclosure

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:23 PM

Thanks Andrew. I have read all that you posted. I'm not sure what to do so I will leave things as they are. If I'm wrong do nothing please get back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users