Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound gone suddenly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 luv2roq

luv2roq

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:36 AM

I have seen many many posts from others saying that their sound was gone, but none of the solutions I have seen fit my situation. Odd issue, just happened. XP home, service pack 3. Sony laptop model # VGNFE770G
Sound stopped working. Plugged in external speakers and still get no sound. Sound properties everything is normal, there is nothing missing or grayed out. Device manager shows no yellow exclaimation points or issues with any sound devices. Have tried to remove and reinstall sound devices several times already no no avail.
Tried downloading updated drivers, both fro Sigmatek (which is the default on machine) and even tried using realtek and sound blaster utilties/drivers just for kicks. Nothing seems to work
But windows shows there to be no issues.
Any ideas??
I did notice one odd element...in control panel, one of the selections is "Sound Reality Audio" and it is right next to the normal sound devices option. I have no idea what this is or how to get rid of that - Perhaps it is interfering with my regular audio?? I did select "use default devices" from the normal audio options...ANy help would be great!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MaronaPossessed

MaronaPossessed

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:51 PM

Same OS I use. I can try to help.

When I had this problem, the way I fixed it was Control Panel> Sound audio devices>Audio>Sound playback HD audio rear output

Make sure Control Panel> Sound audio devices>Audio>Volume>Device Volume at high(the end)

Control Panel> Sound audio devices>Audio>Volume>Speaker Settings>Advance>Performance all of them at full.

Control Panel> Sound audio devices>Audio>Volume>Speaker Settings>Speaker Volume all high.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users